I have some very exciting news to tell you! I’ve been nominated for the sunshine blogger award by blogger Rina from Rina Sees. The sunshine blogger award is given to a blogger that inspires positivity and creativity in the blogging community. So it really is an honor to be nominated for this award. It’s especially an honor to be nominated by Rina because I discovered her blog not too long ago and she has become one of my favorite bloggers. I would really recommend checking out her blog ➡️ Rina Sees
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My answers to Rina’s questions are:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging around 4,5 years ago because I didn’t really have a hobby or many friends and I knew a girl that had a blog that I loved reading and I wanted to try it out too. So there actually were several different reasons.
2. Why do you think you deserve this award?
I think I deserve this award because I recently decided to start all over again with blogging. I created a new blog and decided to switch from blogging in Dutch to blogging in English. Starting all over again was especially in the beginning very hard. I had lost a lot of readers and followers. But now I’m slowly growing again and I’m really willing to work hard on my blog to keep it growing. I really feel like I’m achieving something again and that makes me very happy.
3. Describe yourself in three sentences.
Writing is my biggest passion. Reading is my escape. Travelling the world is a dream I’m realizing.
4. Is blogging a serious part of your life?
Blogging definitely is a serious part of my life. I honestly wouldn’t know where I would be today if I wouldn’t have a blog. Like I just told you, I’ve been blogging for the past 4,5 years and I just love it so much. I love it how I can put all my creativity into my blog. It’s also because of blogging that I’ve discovered my big passion for writing and photography. I don’t think I would be where and who I am today if I hadn’t had my blog.
5. What are you most afraid of?
I don’t really have a lot I’m afraid of at the moment, but what do frightens me a little is thinking about what job I will have in the future. This is because I’m studying journalism and nowadays it isn’t very easy to find a (good-paying) job in the journalism work field. But I do really like the study itself. Well, anyways I’ll just see what the future has in store for me.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment?
That really is something to think about. I find it very hard to think of something, but I think that making new friends all by myself really has been a big accomplishment for me. It got me out of my comfort zone. I used to be very shy and not talk very much, and even though I’m still not the biggest talker, I really believe I’ve changed, in a good way. I feel like I’ve become more open towards other people.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from the blogging perspective?
I honestly have no idea. Maybe I hope to have grown a lot in readers by then.
8. Which book has influenced you in a positive way and why?
That would actually be a Dutch book. It’s ‘Niet wat jij denkt’ (not what you think) by Jiami Jongejan. She is a Dutch blogger and vlogger that has gone through the eating disorder anorexia. She writes about battling the disease in the book. The book gave me a lot more insight on anorexia and made me understand it a lot better.
9. What inspires you?
Everyday life. Staring out of the window. Beautiful music that sounds like magic. Travelling. And doing a lot of thinking.
11. What is one useful blogging tip you would suggest to new bloggers?
Become part of a blogging group/community (on Facebook) and share your blogposts on social media. This will help you gain more readers and that makes the blogging even more fun. Also just write what you want to write about and do it the way you like it! There are no rules to blogging.
The blogs I have decided to nominee are:
And here are the questions I have:
1. What was the reason you started blogging?
2. Can you tell something about where you’re from?
3. What is your favorite place in the whole world?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. Of what blogpost that you have written are you the proudest?
6. Who is someone you look up to?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. Which mode of transport do you prefer for traveling?
9. What is your biggest dream?
10. What is your favorite quote?
11. What is something you have learned from blogging?
Have a nice day! Bye.